The Lay-Up 3 on 3 Tournament raises money to send children from Toronto’s neighbourhood improvement areas to cost-free leadership basketball programming. The 1-day tournament is both fun and a unique opportunity to give at-need children the same chance many of us had growing up; to develop through sport! 2020 will be the tournament's fourth year and it is our aim to raise $20,000 to send 120 children to a week of summer camp.
Sign up now and help us make sure that Every Kid Has A Team!
When: May 24th, 2020 Sunday (9:30 am – 5:30 pm)
Where: Mattamy Athletic Centre
Coca-Cola Court (50 Carlton St.)
Recommended Donation per Team: $500
Team Size: 3 - 4 Players
Maximum Teams: 24
Divisions: Recreational & Competitive
(there will be no divisions until the knockout round)
Key Dates & Prizes
Early Bird Incentives
1) Teams that have a min. of 3 players registered by 3/15/2020 will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a fun-filled night out @ SPIN Toronto.
2) Teams that have a min. of 3 players registered and have raised $200 by 4/5/2020 will be entered into a draw for a chance to win dinner for four at Barberian's Steakhouse.
3) The individual with the most funds raised by 4/5/2020 receives a pair of premium Blue Jays tickets.
4) Individuals that have raised $100 by 4/5/2020 are entered into a draw to win a session for two @ Mack House sneaker customization studio.
1) The player with the most funds raised by 5/24/2020 receives a pair of Platinum Raptors tickets for the 2020-21 season.
2) The player with the second most funds raised by 5/24/2020 receives a signed Kyle Lowry Jersey.
3) The team with the most funds raised by 5/24/2020 receives 2 sets of Jays In The Action seats.
4) The team with the second most funds raised by 5/24/2020 receives Foursome round plus lunch at Mississauga Golf Club.
Stay tuned for more amazing tournament day prizes and giveaways!
The goal of the 2020 Lay-Up 3-on-3 Tournament is to raise $20,000 to send 120 children to a week of summer camp.
$11 of $20,000 raised
Since 2013, Lay-Up has been running FREE leadership basketball programs in Toronto’s priority communities. We deliver meaningful, customized off the court programming that will equip and inspire youth to overcome barriers in academia, life skills development and healthy living. We give our participants an equal opportunity to develop as basketball players, and more importantly, as people. To date, we have provided programming for over 1,200 youth and over 400 in 2017 alone. In 2018, we will be running year round programs in 5 communities for over 600 participants.